Walk Across Texas
Round up your colleagues and register a team for Walk Across Texas 2018!
Walk Across Texas! is an 8-week physical fitness program created by our own Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service that encourages individuals and teams up to eight people to track and monitor their physical activity with the goal of earning enough miles to walk across the State of Texas (833 miles).
Campus-Wide Competition! WELLNESS WORKS! has created a campus-wide competition for all departments across Texas A&M University. Top three departments with the greatest distance traveled at the end of the 8-week period will be awarded a Wellness Grant. Grants will be provided to 1st place, $1,000; 2nd place $750; and 3rd place $500. Teams must consist of at least four people from the same department, who will then receive the Wellness Grant funds for that department.
**TEAM CAPTAINS: To ensure your teams are in the run for this competition, select “Texas A&M University” as the group!
Walk Across Texas! will kick-off on Saturday, February 10 at 10:00 am in the Melrose Place entrance of Post Oak Mall in College Station (attendance in the kick-off event is not required for participation in Walk Across Texas!). Walk Across Texas! will run from February 10 to April 6, 2018.
How to Register:
- Form a team of 8 members including yourself
- Choose a team captain and a team name
- Visit walkacrosstexas.tamu.edu
- Complete Individual Registration Form and give to Team Captain
- Team Captain must register the team online by February 13, 2018
- Team Captain will use the “Register Now” link at walkacrosstexas.tamu.edu
- Select Brazos County as participating county
- Choose the start date of February 13, 2018 in calendar
- Select Texas A&M University as the group
- Enter team name and finish registration
- Team members will note mileage on Individual Mileage Log and turn in total mileage to Team Captain at the end of each week
NOTE: Having trouble completing your registration or not a confirmation email? To complete your WAT! registration go here and enter in the requested information! If you are still experiencing difficulty please submit a support ticket.
Please see the Walk Across Texas! brochure for any additional program information.
For any questions please contact Flora Williams at email@example.com or 979.823.0129