WELLNESS HAPPENINGS MONTHLY NEWSLETTER:
- How Is Your Financial Well-being?
- Physical Wellness: Fit Fitness Into Your Day!
- NEW Nutrition Resources
- Physical Activity Guidelines
- Wellness Release Time
- Financial Wellness: Maximize Your Dollars!
- FREE On-Campus Financial Consultations
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Interpersonal Wellness: Growing Together!
- Professional Development
- Remote Campus Corner: Wellness Outside of College Station!
- Living WELL Aware Essential Elements Videos
- CBHEC Campus Highlight – Global Challenge
Now Posted! - Fall Fitness Schedule August 26 – December 6
Making Moves with Diabetes
Presented by Center for Population Health & Aging (CPHA)
Tuesday, September 3
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | General Services Complex 101A
You are invited to register for the FREE, Healthy Texas Making Moves with Diabetes* program, an American Diabetes Association recognized program designed to help individuals manage their diabetes with minimal impact to their current lifestyle. This 8-hour class will provide participants and/or caregivers with one year of support and a lifetime of health.
Register by Calling 979.436.9336
- Registration deadline is Friday, August 30.
- Lunch will be provided by CPHA.
- Notify us if you have any dietary restrictions when you register.
- View event flyer.
*This event will not be available through livestream due to the interactive nature of the workshop and patient confidentiality.
Dinner Tonight: Cooking Club
Presented by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Series begins Tuesday, August 6 & Ends Tuesday, September 10
Rec Center Room 2229A (Use South Entry)
WELLNESS WORKS! invites you to join us for our new Cooking Club offered through the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service’s Dinner Tonight Program. This Cooking Club will provide culinary experiences aimed at preparing quick, healthy, cost-effective recipes. Join us to learn about the nutrition benefits of each menu item while watching and actively participating in the live cooking demonstration at each event.
Tuesday, August 6, 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm – Kickoff Event
We have reached maximum registration for employees to attend the live kickoff event for the Dinner Tonight: Cooking Club, however we encourage you to access the livestream through this Zoom Meeting.
Classes held at Rec Center Room 2229A (Use South Entry) from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
To maximize learning, participation in all four events is highly encouraged but not required.
Registered attendees who attend all FOUR events will receive a FREE Dinner Tonight cookbook! Must be present at the final session to receive the cookbook.
- Meal Planning Watch the presentation HERE.
- How To: All Things Grocery Shopping Watch the presentation HERE.
- Mindful Eating Watch the presentation HERE.
- Sports Nutrition Watch the presentation HERE.
- Fad or Fact: Interpreting Diet Trends (video soon)